Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tuesday's Ratings! Feb. 21st 2012

Now, before I say anything else I'd like to say that i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed and when it comes to common sense, mine sometimes flys out the window. :) Needless to say, I make life interesting. Don't worry I haven't killed anyone yet.

Tonight I made spaghetti, meat sauce, and garlic knots. The spaghetti was cooked well, and the sauce was fine. The garlic knots on the other hand were a complete disaster. :( The water was too hot and it killed the yeast. Yes, I did read the recipe. The water was supposed to be 80 degrees F. So I decided to heat it in the microwave. MISTAKE #1! I should have just let the hot water run a few sec. and I would have been good. But nope, not me. :) I was trying to hury. MISTAKE #2! I didn't realize what I had done until everything else was ready and I went to check the dough to make sure it had rizen and could be turned into garlic knots. What I found was a lump of sad looking dough. :( Not in the least bit rizen, not at all. :( I told my mother that the dough didn't look right and the first thing she said was, "Your water was too hot." Just like that! Man I've got a ways to go! I decided to make them anyway, too late to start over anyway. They baked and i brushed them with butter. (I added garlic powder to the dough instead of mixing the butter and garlic together at the end. Mom said this was ok.) Mom put them in a basket and we finally sat down to eat.

Now for the family's thoughts:

DAD: Spaghetti-9, Garlic Knots-6.5 "Overall good. Need more practice making bread. Quick Tip: Easiest way to a man's heart- homemade bread and jam." Rate: 7.75

MOM: "You did fine. A little more practice in the bread department. It is nice to not have to wory aobut what to make when you are sick. :)" (mom was not feeling well tonight) Rate: 7

SAVANNAH: "Everything was very good. I had beans, gross! . . . . but since I made them I can't complain. The sessert was very good also." Rate 9.5

CALVIN: "The spaghetti was good, the garlic knots were pretty good and the dessert was close to bad." Rate: 7.5

SARINA: "The dessert was a 5. The spaghetti was a 5. The beans were a 0. Over all 10. Rate: 5

SADIE: "Beans were so bad and the spaghetti was good and the sauce was good on the spaghetti HA! The dessert was sooooo good!!" Rate: 7.5

SOPHIA: "The salad was desgusting! (she had leftover salad from last night instead of Savannah's beans) The spaghetti was good good good. Dessert was good too." Rate: 10

Overall rating- 7.75

No comments:

Post a Comment