Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wednesday's Dessert!

Banana Pineapple Bunt Cake; With Pineapple Glaze


Ignore the Christmas tray :)

I used a white cake box mix. Instead of just using the egg whites I used the whole egg. It doesn't do anything except make the cake look a little more yellow, which is completely fine in this case. I added pineapple tidbits and banana chunks. I was a little afraid to make it in a bunt pan because of all the indentations. If the pan is not greased and flowered properly the cake batter will stick and tear when you try to remove it. Luckily everything turned out very well! For the glaze, I just used the pineapple juice from the can of tidbits and added sugar. Then I reduced it down in a pan on the stove. I then used a spoon to drizzle it over the cake. It smelled absolutely divine!!!


Apparently, the children thought they needed to add whipped cream to the top, but it honestly didn't need it. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment